Life at NIAID
Want to see where you will be working? Check out the videos in the playlist and resources below to see some of the facilities and locations where NIAID scientific and administrative staff work together to address the health challenges facing our nation and the world.
Why Choose NIAID
- NIAID Employee Testimonials
- Helping Our Mission
- Video portrait Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of NIAID
As a federal employee, you will enjoy numerous benefits, including generous leave; competitive pay; health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; flexible spending accounts; and retirement plans.
Find out more about the benefits available to you when you join NIAID:
- NIH Work/Life Balance
- Family Resources
- Telework at the NIH
- Federal Insurance Benefits
- New Employees’ Insurance Benefits
- Federal Employees’ Health Benefits Program
- Frequently Asked Questions on Federal Hiring
- Office of Personnel Management
- NIH Office of Human Resources
People are saying great things about NIAID and the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- 2018 U.S. Veterans Magazine 2018 Summer Best of the Best - NIAID was the only NIH Institute to make the list! U.S. Veterans Magazine recently released the results of its highly anticipated 2018 evaluation of the nation's Best of the Best Top Veteran-Friendly Companies, Top Supplier Diversity Programs, Top Government & Law Enforcement Agencies, and Top Veteran-Friendly Schools. The annual review is an evaluation of the nation's employers, initiatives, government agencies and educational institutions.
- 2017 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government - rankings were recently released by the Partnership for Pubic Service. HHS ranked 2nd place in 2017, up from 7th place in 2016. Since 2016, the HHS index score increased by 4 points to 70.4 (out of 100 possible points). NIH ranked 72 out of 339 government-wide agency subcomponents, up from 77 in 2016. NIH's index score was 74.2, which is a 4.2 point increase from 2016.
- 2017 American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) Mentorship Award - Dr. Dean Metcalfe, chief of NIAID's Laboratory of Allergic Diseases (LAD), has been named the 2017 recipient of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) Mentorship Award.
- 2017 NIAID Science News Highlights - In 2017, NIAID researchers and NIAID-funded scientists at domestic and international institutions made significant progress in developing vaccines and treatments for various infectious diseases, including Zika, HIV and malaria. Other discoveries yielded novel insights into rare diseases and drug-resistant infections. All of these advances demonstrate how public investment in biomedical research drives scientific progress and benefits human health.
New Employees & Trainees
- New Employee Onboarding
- New Employee Orientation
- Welcome Workshop Schedule
- Benefits and Compensation for Trainees
- Research Training at NIAID